[Meet Malala tomorrow 26th October at South and City College Birmingham]
Today, we won’t talk about Social Media, instead we would like to share with you a story on one very inspirational young girl.
One year ago the devastating story of schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai broke as she was shot in the head by Taliban gunmen. Her “crime”, standing up for women’s rights.
The news took the world by storm bringing everyone into the light of the current situation in India and how women are valued.
Malala arrived Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham on the 15th October 2012 and after going through extensive surgery involving a titanium plate in her skull and an operation to reattach a facial nerve, Malala survived and has gone on to meet some of the most famous people in the world, United States Of America president Barack Obama being one of them.
Malala anonymously wrote a BBC blog about life under the Taliban in 2009, but her name became globally known after her identity was revealed in TV interviews and a documentary in 2010.
The 2012 Nobel Peace Prize nominee, also named one of Time magazine’s most influential people now lives in Birmingham, and attends Edgbaston High School For Girls where she is considered a heroine, being labeled “courageous” and “brave” by her classmates.
Malala will be coming to South and City College Birmingham tomorrow 26th October, to give inspiration to all students, boys and girls. As we work very closely with SCCB we are really looking forward to welcoming her into the college, sharing her stories and experiences she has envisaged since her tragic story began.
- When: Saturday 26 October 2013-10-23
- Time: 12:15 arrival for 1pm start
- Where: South and City College Birmingham, Digbeth Campus, High Street Deritend, Digbeth, B5 5SU. (The Digbeth Campus is only a short walk from the City Centre and Moor Street and New Street train stations).
- How much: FREE (Register here)
- + Info: SCCB
► My personal goal is to make an authentic difference to society.
► My professional goal and passion is developing people and businesses.
Latest posts by Mark Hamilton Taylor (see all)
- Apple Pay – How Will It Affect Business? - February 12, 2015
- Augmented Reality – when traditions and technology entwine. - February 12, 2015
- Super Bowl 2015 – What Brand Came Out On Top? - February 2, 2015